Multiple doses up to 100 mg a day had been given to healthy patients, including a single dose of 500 mg have been administered to healthy subjects. The results were same adverse effects as in administration of lower doses. In case of accidental or intentional overdose emergency help should be provided and standard supportive care is required to be adopted. It is recommended a gastric lavage to help mechanically remove all the unabsorbed medication, activated carchoal will help to reduce the amount absorbed in the blood by binding the substance and keep it in the stomach and intestines, and then is expelled with the stool. It was established that hemodialysis is not very effective in elimination of Tadalafil from the body.
To avoid overdose you should:
- Call the emergency room if you suspect an overdose.
- Take exactly the dose that health provider prescribed. Doctor prescribed the exact dose that is right for you depending on how your body reacts and you should consult your doctor if you would like to take a higher or a lower dose.
- Do NOT take more than one dose in 24 hours, the medication stays in the body for about 72 hours.
- Do NOT combine Tadalafil with other medication for Erectile dysfunction, for example: sildenafil or vardenafil.
- Cases of Tadalafil overdoses are rarely reported but may occur accidentally. Taking too much of the medication can cause the blood pressure to drop dangerously.
- Remember that one of the most dangerous side effects is priapism which is having an erection for 4 hours in a row, even if this may sound appealing or a good dirty joke, priapism may be very painful to the person who is experiencing it and requires immediate medicinal help and can lead to major surgery. It may cause serious problems if the blood stays in spongy tissues of the penis for too much time. In severe cases of priapism doctors were forced to remove some of the tissue as it begun to die and may start a gangrene.
- If you suspect and overdose with Tadalafil, please call Poison Help Line or go to the nearest Emergency room for professional medical care.