Tadalafil Administration (Correct use)
You and your doctor should discuss about Tadalafil administration before starting to use and and at every checkup, if you have any questions or you do not understand the information talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist. Reading the information does not substitute talking to a specialist. Notify your doctor with all the medication you are taking before starting to use Tadalafil, even vitamins and herbal supplements. Tadalafil does not protect you from getting an STD (Sexual Transmitted Diseases) or HIV and getting pregnant therefore you should consider using protection very time you have sexual intercourse.
The correct way to administrate Tadalafil is to swallow the pill as needed with an sufficient amount of water, milk, juice (except grapefruit juice (See Interactions) ), soda or coffee. Take the tab whole, it is not recommended to break it, crush it, chew it or snore it.
- Used for Erectile Dysfunction you should administer Tadalafil at least 30 min prior sexual activity, the effect may remain up to 36 hours, do not take more than one per day. Tadalafil does not lead to the desired effect in absence of sexual stimulation.
- If you administer Tadalafil for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or Pulmonary Hypertension or daily for Erectile Dysfunction, you should take the medication every day at the same time to maintain desired concentration of drug in your system and to avoid overdosing or under dosing.
- Tadalafil may be taken before or after meals.
- Tadalafil is not recommended for use in women.
- Avoid using Tadalafil when taking alpha adrenergic blokers or nitrates, unless doctor tells you to (see Contraindications). If alter administration of Tadalafil you feel chest pain you should get immediate medical attention.
- You should get emergency medical help if the erection lasts more than 4 hours or if you experience unwanted side effects Avoid excess of alcohol when using Tadalafil, it may lead to unpleasant side effects and reactions (See Tadalafil and Alcohol).
- No dose adjustment is needed based on age. However, a bigger sensibility in other individuals should be considered. Only your health provider can decide if Tadalafil is right for you.